A storied property set in one of Santa Barbara's most coveted zip codes, this opulent estate echoes with flourishes from Montecito's golden era of architecture. Impeccably constructed in 1885 and coined ''The Peppers'' by a college fraternity following a 1920's fete in the grand ballroom, this turn-of-the-century masterpiece retains period details throughout. Built during the boom of the 1890s when Montecito's tree-lined lanes were developed by scions of industry, the 10 bedroom, nine-bathroom estate evokes the era's Grand Palladian style. The onetime home of legendary Moody sisters, who were celebrated for designing a number of Montecito's "Moody Sisters Cottages" during their 30-year reign at the residence, the prominent sisters had Cota Lane renamed "Pepper Lane" to coincide with the villa's famed moniker. Evoking unmistakable European flair derived from ancient Greek and Roman architecture, ThePeppers welcomes guests with a circular motor court and columned portico. Across the threshold, a formal foyer is flanked by a reception library and powder room.